The EFFORT OF INCREASING ORGANIC RICE PRODUCTION BASED ON FIELD SCHOOL OF ORGANIC FARMING
Keywords:rice, organic, field school, farming
People's preference for switching to a healthy lifestyle by buying organic food has increased the demand for organic rice. The problem that arises is the gap between organic rice production and consumption. The solution to the problem that can be done in increasing organic rice production is through the Field School of Organic Farming (FS-OF). This FS-OF activity is aimed to increase farmers' understanding of organic rice cultivation through learning and training in organic rice cultivation. Implementation of activities in FS-OF was conducting training, and direct learning in the form of demonstration plots. The service activities that have been carried out include the production of demonstration plots for organic and conventional rice cultivation to compare their production, handover of technology transfer tools, training in organic rice cultivation, making the liquid organic fertilizers and organic pesticides, and biochar.
Keywords : rice, organic, field school, farming
2. Sulistyana, P., J.H. Mulyo dan Jamhari. 2014. Konsumsi Beras Organik Pada Tingkat Rumah Tangga Di Kota Yogyakarta. Agro Ekonomi Vol. 24 (1) : 25-34.
3. International Federation of Organik Agriculture Movement. 2012. www. ifoam.org
4. Yuliati, L.N. dan Retnaningsih. 2012. Sikap Konsumen Terhadap Beras Organik. Jurnal Manajemen & Agribisnis, Vol. 9(2) : 117-126.
5. Assai, H., B.K. Samson, H.M. Stephan, K. Songyikhangsuthor, K. Homma, Y. Kiyono. 2009. Biochar amandement techniques for upland rice production in Northern Laos. 1. Soil Physical properties, leaf SPAD and grain yiels. Field Crop Research 111 : 81-84.
6. Lehmann, J. and S. Joseph., 2009. Biochar for Environmental Management Sciense and Technology. Earthscan in the UK and USA